Sunday, May 26, 2013

Snippet Sunday (11): Soul Searching

If you have landed here from my main website via WeWriWa, thanks for following the trail of bread crumbs.  For now, I will post my snippets from TCAF here, to allow for comments. Website issues aside, this has been a long and horrible month for me. I won't go in to details right now. But I will say the following snippet, in which Ronan explains to Devyn his beliefs concerning the concept of souls, is apt.

"I used to think the soul was a tiny tornado shaped object hidden in my chest, located somewhere around...here." He placed his palm between Devyn's breasts, his fingers warm as they pressed against the firm space between her soft curves. "I have no idea where the notion came from, but I used to imagine my soul as that little tornado, able to grow stormy in moments of moral turbulence and whisper-quiet in times of peace. I thought when people died, the tornado funneled up and out of their body and blew away," Ronan trailed the back of his hand up the pale column of her throat, "off to heaven or hell or into a new body - who knows. I still don't. Is it possible that there are a finite number of souls who return again and again to new bodies?" He shrugged and met Devyn's eyes, "I don't think such a thing is impossible."
Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to visit the Weekend Writing Warriors page for links to more snippets!

11 comments:

  1. Very interesting description of a soul. Intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, candid, and full of imagery. Lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the imagery, beautiful, well thought out. Excellent excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great description from Ronan there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I like the tornado concept.

    Sorry you've been having a tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tornado image and his description of it.

    So sorry for the stuff you've been dealing with this month. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the imagery. Plus, his explanation is very intimate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems that I finally found the way to comment.
    I like the image of the Tornado that you used to describe the Soul, it is something very unusual but it totally makes sense. I usually describe them as dancing lights which can be seen in the eyes of the person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting concept and very clever writing. I hope next week is better for you!
    History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

    ReplyDelete
  10. Intriguing description of a soul! I enjoyed your snippet!

    ReplyDelete